[gdal-dev] gdalwarp utility

Livneh Yehiyam yehil at rafael.co.il
Sun Jul 22 11:42:24 PDT 2012

Even
that's a nice trick to know. I wasn't aware of this
Thanks
Yehiyam

Sent from my mobile

-----------------------------
From: "Even Rouault"
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] gdalwarp utility
Date: 22 יולי 2012 20:34

Le dimanche 22 juillet 2012 16:28:48, Livneh Yehiyam a écrit :
> Hi
> I've come upon a limitation of the gdalwarp utility under windows. When
> creating a mosaic from a large number of files from the command line, I
> ran into the limit of the command line length in windows (about 8000
> characters). I added the functionality of reading the source files from a
> txt file (similar to gdalbuildvrt -input_file_list option) to gdalwarp. I
> think it could benefit other users, and the symmetry of the API to add
> this to the official version.
>
> A patch against trunk is included.

Actually this is not needed (and there was not a real reason for -
input_file_list to exist in gdalbuildvrt too). All GDAL/OGR utilities have a
"--optfile filename" (note the double dash before optfile) option that uses the
lines of filename as arguments of the utility.

See :

$ gdalinfo --help-general
Generic GDAL utility command options:
  --version: report version of GDAL in use.
  --license: report GDAL license info.
  --formats: report all configured format drivers.
  --format [format]: details of one format.
  --optfile filename: expand an option file into the argument list.
  --config key value: set system configuration option.
  --debug [on/off/value]: set debug level.
  --pause: wait for user input, time to attach debugger
  --locale [locale]: install locale for debugging (ie. en_US.UTF-8)
  --help-general: report detailed help on general options.

So you should be able to run :

gdalwarp --optfile text_file_with_src_files.txt target.tif