[gdal-dev] OSM Driver and World Planet file (pbf format)

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil
Mon Jul 23 10:25:22 PDT 2012

Even,

[osmusr at bigserver-proc osm]$ ogr2ogr -progress -f oci
oci:user/pass at tns:tmp planet-latest.osm.pbf -lco dim=2 -lco srid=4326 -lco
geometry_name=geometry -lco launder=yes --debug on  2>osm_debug.log
0...10...20...30...40...50...60Š70
[osmusr at bigserver-proc osm]$

>From the debug output

OCI: Flushing 100 features on layer POLYGONS
OCI: Flushing 100 features on layer POLYGONS
OCI: Flushing 100 features on layer POLYGONS
OCI: Flushing 100 features on layer POLYGONS
OCI: Flushing 100 features on layer POLYGONS
OCI: Flushing 100 features on layer POLYGONS

OCI: Flushing 100 features on layer POLYGONS
OSM: Switching to 'lines' as they are too many features in 'polygons'
OGR2OGR: 32827 features written in layer 'POLYGONS'
OCI: In Create Layer ...
OCI: Prepare(CREATE TABLE "MULTILINESTRINGS" ( OGR_FID INTEGER, geometry
MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY ))
OGR2OGR: 0 features written in layer 'MULTILINESTRINGS'
OCI: In Create Layer ...
OCI: Prepare(CREATE TABLE "MULTIPOLYGONS" ( OGR_FID INTEGER, geometry
MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY ))
OGR2OGR: 0 features written in layer 'MULTIPOLYGONS'
OCI: In Create Layer ...
OCI: Prepare(CREATE TABLE "OTHER_RELATIONS" ( OGR_FID INTEGER, geometry
MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY ))
OGR2OGR: 0 features written in layer 'OTHER_RELATIONS'
OCI: Flushing 23 features on layer POINTS
OCI: Flushing 99 features on layer LINES
OCI: Flushing 27 features on layer POLYGONS
OSM: nNodeSelectBetween = 50006
OSM: nNodeSelectIn = 94362
VSI: ~VSIUnixStdioFilesystemHandler() : nTotalBytesRead = 12682608949

(note that I removed some alter table lines for clarity)

Mike