[gdal-dev] How to change displayed decimal places of double type in the method: OGRFeature::SetField

taibc taibc_coltech at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 21:26:17 PDT 2012

Hi friends,

I used the method: OGRFeature:SetField(int i, double dfValue) to set field
values of a shapefile file (.dbf file).

I changed dfValue format to display 2 digits in decimal places. But, when I
used the Excel to see values, it showed an unexpected result.

For example:
First, dfValue = 2688.74923
After changing format (by using code), dfValue = 2688.75

But, when I saw values in the excel, it showed: 2688,750000000000000 (not
2688.75)

How can I fix it (don't need change format settings in excel)?

Thanks and regards,
Tai