[gdal-dev] reproject python numpy binary swath/lat/lon

David Hoese dhoese at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:47:59 PDT 2012

I have 3 binary files, the image/swath 2D data and the corresponding 2D
latitude and longitude pixel data from a previous processing step.  The
binary files were all created using numpy's tofile().  I would like to
take the binary data (as filenames or loaded into numpy arrays) and
remap it to a grid that I can define with PROJ.4 parameters and output
the remapped data as another binary file or numpy array.  I would like
to be able to do this all from within python if possible without any
command line calls.  I found this thread that describes a solution that
looks like what I'm trying to do at least to start with, but suggests
gdalwarp from the command line:

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Lat-Lon-projection-from-satellite-swath-td3751165.html

I'm new to GDAL and pretty new to remapping in general.  Is what I'm
trying to do possible with GDAL?  Where should I start?  I'm coming from
using a remapping utility that had one purpose and I'm kind of getting
lost in all of the options GDAL offers.

Thanks for any help.

-Dave