[gdal-dev] Error using ogr2ogr to import sqlite table into FileGDB

Eric Goddard egoddard at memphis.edu
Fri Jun 8 09:43:41 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to import a non-spatial SQLite table into a File
Geodatabase. I have gdal 1.9.0 compiled with FileGDB support on
kubuntu 12.04 and it is working correctly. When I use

$ogr2ogr -f "FileGDB" geodatabase.gdb database.db

the command runs but for every record I get the following error:

ERROR 1: Error: Failed at writing Geometry to Row in CreateFeature.
(An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly.)

In the geodatabase the table shows as an empty table and not a feature
class. Is there an argument I am missing to make the sqlite table
import as a table and not a feature class in the FileGDB?

I also tried
$ogr2ogr -f "FileGDB" geodatabase.gdb database.db myTable -nln newTable

and got the same error.

Thanks,
Eric