[gdal-dev] How to get some special metadata of HDF5 Cosmo-Skymed file

xiaomi lao.jinghao at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Jun 10 07:03:07 PDT 2012

hi Alex,
     I am a beginner to learn gdal. I have a problem to read the metadata of
hdf5 file of Cosmo-skymed. I am working on visual studio 2010 in C# using
gdal dotnet dll.
     I want to get some metadata item from the hdf5 dataset, the method like
"GetMetadataItem(string pszName, string pszDomainName)",  when I work as
"GetMetaData("")", return a string array. The first string is
"Acquisition_Mode=HUGEREGION", so I try
GetMetadataItem("Mode","Acquisition"), but it return null. I have try
"GetMetadataItem("Beam_ID","S01")", return null as well. How can I know the
DomainName of a metadat item? Is it in special format?
     Looking forward to your reply. Best regards!