[gdal-dev] translate ecw to geotiff + tfw

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 11:17:25 PDT 2012

I am attempting to use the translate function to convert from ecw to geotiff
and the creation of an associated tfw file.  The geotiff is created, but it
fails to create the tfw file.  I've tried many times, but always fails.  My
syntax is as follows:

gdal_translate -a_srs EPSG:2227 -co tfw=yes -of GTiff
R:/GIS/GIS_Data/Aerials/65123.ecw R:/GIS/GIS_Data/Aerials/65123.tif

When I do a similar operation with a sid file, the tfw is created.  Has
anyone else experienced this problem with translating an ecw file type?  Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Steve