[gdal-dev] translate ecw to geotiff + tfw

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:49:32 PDT 2012

OK...I guess for my purposes I am only interested in the consequence.  I have
a relatively easy conversion process, so it is easy enough for me to copy
the ecw's into an empty directory and translate from there.  If your correct
about the ordering in which the ecw driver reads and validates the geo data
(xml file first, then ecw header) then I think I would have to assume that
the xml data was invalid and it failed to move to the ECW header data since
in the end, the ecw header itself was valid.  Or that multiple associated
xml files for the same ecw file somehow impacts how those files are read by
the driver.

Thanks for the assistance.