[gdal-dev] How to use RPC Metadata from NITF Files in a MapServer TileIndex

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil
Sun Jun 17 09:45:01 PDT 2012

I did originally use -dstalpha. I had dropped it when creating the
geotiffs as I used PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR as a creation option.

I'll try with -dstalpha and dropping the YCBCR.

Is there a known issue with using the vrts inside a tileindex that makes
it so slow?

--

This is what I used to convert to tif

gdalwarp -rpc -of vrt -overwrite  -t_srs epsg:3857 -r cubic --config
GDAL_CACHEMAX 500 -wm 500 $1 $1.vrt
   gdal_translate -of GTiff -co "TILED=YES" -co "JPEG_QUALITY=95" -co
"COMPRESS=JPEG" -co "PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR" $1.vrt $1.tif
   gdaladdo --config COMPRESS_OVERVIEW JPEG --config PHOTOMETRIC_OVERVIEW
YCBCR --config INTERLEAVE_OVERVIEW PIXEL $1.tif 2 4 8 16 32

Mike