[gdal-dev] zonal statistics with gdal

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Jun 20 07:00:14 PDT 2012

Selon anssi <anssisamuli at gmail.com>:

> Dear Joaquim,
>
> thanks for pointing that out.
>
> There´s absolutely no intention to abuse any of the great work of the
> gdal/ogr developers. Rather the opposite.
>
> The license is being discussed as we speak and we're considering
> various options. What would you suggest? Should it be MIT or would ,
> for example, Modified BSD License do?

Ansi,

You are completely free of choosing the licence for your software. The X/MIT
licence of GDAL/OGR has no consequence on the choice of the licence of other
software using GDAL/OGR. You could even release your software under a
proprietary licence if you wish (but, as a OSGeo project, we clearly advocate
for the use and development of free and Open Source software !). It is up to you
to decide which rights and obligations you want to offer/impose to your users.

Licencing has been discussed in the past and you can for example have a look at
this post
http://dmorissette.blogspot.fr/2011/07/obligations-related-to-open-source.html
for a quick summary of my understanding of some common FOSS licences.

Best regards,

Even