[gdal-dev] [saga-gis-developer] the output image is cut to half

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jun 28 09:36:03 PDT 2012

Le jeudi 28 juin 2012 10:11:22, Salvatore Larosa a écrit :
> I think this could be the cause of my problem with output saga images!
>
> Any idea on how avoid libtiff version mismatch?
> I refer at 1.9.1 version!

The ldd output indeed could explain a few things. Generally, in Linux distros,
libtiff.so.4 is in fact libtiff 3.8.2 or libtiff 3.9.X (yes, the soname doesn't
reflect the version number of libtiff). You should check in your distro which
libtiff version it is exactly. So if my hypothesis is right, you have both
internal libtiff (libtiff 4.0beta) compiled in libgdal, and libgdal is linking
to external libtiff 3.X, hence the warning about version mismatch. When GDAL
links against its internal libtiff version, it doesn't try to link to external
libtiff of course. So, to explain your situation, an hypothesis would be that
GDAL links against another library, which itself links against libtiff 3.X...
Hope you have followed me ;-)

What you could try is rebuild GDAL, by specifying --with-rename-internal-
libtiff-symbols in the ./configure command line (and make clean; make)