[gdal-dev] Motion to adopt the RFC 39

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 29 05:32:29 PDT 2012

On 12-06-27 2:40 PM, Ari Jolma wrote:
> Dear GDAL PSC,
>
> Some time ago I and Even spent some time to work on a patch which would
> initially implement the RFC OGR Layer Algebra. The RFC proposes new API
> for GDAL 2.0. The RFC is at
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc39_ogr_layer_algebra
>
> We believe the RFC and associated patch is now ready for approval.
>
> I will now rise the status of the RFC from development to proposed and
> motion to adopt it.

+1

Note that I think some good docs and usage examples with pictures will
be required for dumb people like me to really understand what each
operator really does and how to use them. Perhaps a ref to
http://courses.washington.edu/gis250/lessons/Model_Builder/ might help,
but then it would have to be included in the API docs and not just in
the RFC.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/