[gdal-dev] running gdalwarp without proj4 gives me a warning and a gigantic output

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Thu Mar 8 10:21:45 EST 2012

Hi there!

Is that how it suppose to be?

I was trying to run gdalwarp without proj4 on the path and that was giving me a Warning and a *Gigantic* output.

On Windows:

ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (proj.dll), creation of
OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.
Creating output file that is 78194473P x 95965675L.

On Linux:

ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so), creation of
OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.
Creating output file that is 78085892P x 95832416L.

Wouldn't be better if gdalwarp could raise a Fatal error and cancel the process?

Just a suggestion, I might be missing something.

Regards,

Ivan