[gdal-dev] Setting accuracy of OGRPoint?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 14 20:42:37 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Michael Speth
<spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz> wrote:
> Is there a function for setting the accuracy of an OGRPoint?  Meaning, a
> point is recorded as (1.0,1.0) with a +- variance of 0.01.  How do I set the
> accuracy of 0.01?

Michael,

No, there is no way to represent the accuracy of an OGRPoint.

Some OGR drivers store things in fixed precision and offer
mechanisms to control the precision.  GEOS also has a concept
of this though it is not exposed through the OGR GEOS bindings
as far as I know.