[gdal-dev] How to overlay a raster with shapes to calc statistics?

Petteri Packalen packalen at cs.joensuu.fi
Mon Mar 19 01:44:03 EDT 2012

Andreas,

Look at:

   http://starspan.projects.atlas.ca.gov

Starspan is a command line tool that uses GDAL/OGR lib. This functionality
is also available in many GIS packages with the name 'zonal statistics'.

Petteri Packalen

Petteri Packalén
Visiting Research Scientist
Department of Forest Engineering, Resources and Management
College of Forestry, Oregon State University
204 Peavy Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331-5704, USA
Office: Peavy 111
E-mail: Petteri.Packalen at uef.fi