[gdal-dev] Issue with SetConfigOption

Pouliot, Christopher (DNR) Christopher.Pouliot at state.mn.us
Mon Mar 19 11:36:04 EDT 2012

Hello,

The App I'm using GDAL in is a C# (Visual Studio 2010, .NET 4.0) executable and is distributed to a couple thousand people.  For 95% of those people it is running great.  For the other 5% we're having trouble with the GDAL piece.  The error we get:  "The type initialize for 'OSGEO.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE' threw an exception"

I've narrowed it down and it occurs the very first command I try using GDAL:

OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.SetConfigOption("GDAL_DATA", GDAL_DATA);

I've read in previous threads that it may be related to needing the proper Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables installed but we've got machines that have 2005, 2008, and 2010 redistributables installed and still no luck.  I've also included the msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll files in my install package.

I think we have the problem narrowed down to older machines running XP or Vista.  Beyond that I'm not sure.

Does anyone know of other dependencies I should be trying?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Pouliot
GIS Application Developer
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
christopher.pouliot at state.mn.us
(651) 259-5491