[gdal-dev] gdaltransform utility not working in web service

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 21 01:32:54 EDT 2012

On 12-03-19 07:44 AM, Dinesh Dass Subramanian wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to develop a web service for gdaltransform utility that gets four
> coordinates as input and write it in an input file. Then the gdaltransform
> utility is executed as in commandline to produce the output in the output file.
> I have the RPC file in the same path. The problem is the gdaltransform is not
> getting executed while I run the web service. But the same command works in
> normal commandline mode. Please help to resolve this problem. Thanks.
> *op.txt (error shown)*
> gdaltransform: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal1.7.0.so.1: cannot

Dinesh,

This a normal error indicating that the libgdal1.7.0.so.1 shared library
is not being found.  Normally I'd address this by adding a "SetEnv" directive
in my apache file setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directory with
the libgdal1.7.0.so.1 file.  It might also make sense to put that file
somewhere like /usr/lib and use ldconfig - see the ldconfig or ld.so.conf
man pages for more information on this.  This is in no way a GDAL specific
issue.