[gdal-dev] Motion: Contract Chaitanya as GDAL Maintainer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 22 16:49:54 EDT 2012

Motion: Frank Warmerdam is authorized to negotiate a paid maintainer
contract with Chaitanya Kumar CH for up to $5200 USD at $13USD/hr
over five months, and would be acting as supervisor, operating under
the terms of RFC 9 (GDAL Paid Maintainer Guidelines).

---

PSC Members,

Chaitanya has indicated he is available again to do GDAL maintenance
and I think it would be advantageous to have his support.  He is a solid
developer, and has continued to be active in the GDAL community
since his last work as GDAL maintainer.

In addition to general bug fixing I am also hoping to have him do
some work on packaging of GDAL and dependencies for things like
OSGeo4W, and DebianGIS/UbuntuGIS/LiveDVD.

I'll start things by voting:

+1 Frank