[gdal-dev] possible to take this unprojected/unknown coordinate system data and assign it to the second known ones projected/coordinate system

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 27 20:50:40 EDT 2012

Derek,

Based on the coordinates it seems clear enough that this
is latitude and longitude in decimal degrees.  Based on the
resolution there is little point in worrying about datum so do
something like:

  gdal_translate -a_srs WGS84 in.tif out.tif

After that you should be able to use gdalwarp to
reproject normally as long as you know the coordinate
system you want to go to.

Best regards,
Frank