[gdal-dev] RFC 39

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:39:54 EDT 2012

Even,

I've uploaded a version, which fixes these. I added a note that GEOS is
required, as these probably segfault without it (the methods return
NULLs and not geometries).

I added a simple test against a pre-computed layer envelope, and it
speeds up the computation in my test case ~30%. Still the most of the
time is spent in OGRLineString::getEnvelope as it goes through all
linestrings of the input layer.

Ari