[gdal-dev] Which formats are just flat binary files plus a header?

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Thu May 3 11:35:57 EDT 2012

Gdalers:

I'm working on some parallel processing routines via rgdal and R, but
thought this question was better answered here.  I'm trying to find out
which raster formats are simply a flat binary file an a header.  ENVI is
the one that springs to mind.  We're trying to work up which files can be
"natively" written as flat binaries where all we have to do after the file
is written is setup the correct header.  Thanks!

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Assistant Professor