[gdal-dev] RFC 39

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Fri May 4 01:16:54 EDT 2012

2012/5/4 Jason Roberts <jason.roberts at duke.edu>

> it accepts an unlimited number of layers, performs the intersection or
> union
> of all of them, and creates one (new) output.

>   The main obvious downside of that is having to create and manage the
> temporary outputs.

Currently the output layer is not checked for existing features and new
features are just added into it. So, it is possible to call the method for
new layers re-using the same output layer. The schema should not be a
problem as it is created in the first call (if it has not been set by the
user) and in subsequent calls the feature attributes are set by name (doing
type conversions if required and done by feature copy).

Are you looking for additional tools to implement besides Symmetrical
> Difference? I could suggest more that are in ArcGIS that would be valuable
> to see in GDAL.

Please suggest. I'm at least interested in what people use and find useful.

Ari