[gdal-dev] Get SRID from image file

Billy Newman newmanw10 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 12:02:32 EDT 2012

Thanks Ivan.

Unfortunately I was not being very clear. The process in which I am indexing the image files (storing their metadata in the database) is a java process. It is a complex application in which we keep track of the changes in a directory structure such that we can index new files dropped in or remove old files that have been removed. I was wondering if I could use the driver inside my java process, but it does not sound like it.

Sounds like I might be able to try Palo's example and use the java bindings to extract the SRID from the images projection string.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone