[gdal-dev] gdal.AutoCreateWarpedVRT returning different results than osr.CoordinateTransformation

Billy Newman newmanw10 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 21:20:19 EDT 2012

Ok I think I get exactly what you are saying.

Dataset dataset = // image file dataset in wrong projection
Dataset epsg4326Dataset = gdal.AutoCreateWarpedVrt(....);
double[] geoTransform = epsg4326Dataset.GetGeoTransform();
// grab out the corner point in epsg:4326

So doing that won't actually warp the image right?  Only creating virtual
warped points when you ask for them?

Thanks again for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Billy