[gdal-dev] gdal_translate waits at the end of operation

kaarigar kaarigar at gmail.com
Wed May 9 19:06:01 EDT 2012

I hope this is the right forum to pose this question to.

I am using gdal_translate on Windows 7 64 bit to batch convert a lot of
GeoTIFF files to XYZ ASCII. (I got gdal_translate when I installed
Geoinformatica tools, based on GDAL version 1.9Dev). However, at the end of
each conversion gdal_translate just waits - I have to press CTRL-C to wake
it up so that the batch file can continue to process the next command. This
very much defeats the purpose of the command line program - because it
forces the user to be around to press key. Is this expected - or am I
missing something here? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!