[gdal-dev] WFS - OGRLayer GetNextFeature - fails

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon May 14 15:21:16 EDT 2012

> Then we ran into another problem, when we used OGRLayer.
> SetSpatialFilterRect() Our server received a filter which is deprecated in
> version 1.1.0. , so that we now need to be backwards compatible with
> version 1.0.0, or so the guy making our server says. I'll get some more
> detailed info from him when he gets back 16.05

Yes this is a known issue. Basically, the OGR WFS client is not conformant
with the WFS 1.1 spec on this. Ultimately this should be fixed. See the thread
initiated by the following message http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-
dev/2012-January/031327.html for the whole discussion.

Otherwise, when testing with your server on the gemini:VA_LINE layer, I
discovered the GML parsing parser in OGR didn't like srsDimension="3" set at
the LineString level. See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4663