[gdal-dev] Can OGR WFS driver take advantage of WFS Server streaming?

Yingqi Tang anakintang at gmail.com
Wed May 16 17:58:29 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am communicating against a WFS server which supports data (GML)
streaming, which means that once I send a GetFeature quest for a big GML
(2.0GB+), server will take only seconds to start streaming GML back to
client while at the same time it's still preparing the rest of the big GML.

Now I wonder if GDAL/OGR WFS client can take advantage of that? Will I be
able to access the first few features while the streaming is still going
on? It seems to me that it doesn't because it always waiting the whole big
GML response is loaded in memory.

Thanks