[gdal-dev] Selecting Python during configuration

Michael Speth SpethM at landcareresearch.co.nz
Thu Nov 1 18:01:26 PDT 2012

Greetings,
  I am attempting to compile gdal with python support.  However, I don't want to use the system installed python; I want to use a locally compiled version of python.  I am unable to find how to select the python version to use with the gdal install.

It seems that --with-python doesn't have an option to set the python install directory; --with-hdf5 can set the install directory of hdf5.

Is there a way to set gdal to point to a different install directory for python?

If not, how does gdal find the path to python?  Is it possible to set an environment variable (I am compiling on GNU/Linux)?

Thanks

--
Michael Speth
Research Systems Developer