[gdal-dev] Motion: Release next major GDAL version as GDAL/OGR 1.10

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:26:16 PST 2012

+0 Howard

I don't like that we're changing the version macro and changing our versioning pattern 10+ years down the road. Assumptions about GDAL_VERSION_NUM are likely baked in many places, and this is going to cause some (albeit minor) pain.

There's no right way though, it's just a choice. My personal preference is to call it 2.0.

Howard