[gdal-dev] Best way to mosaic and compress lots of tiff Black/white?

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 02:57:33 PST 2012

Ok
I made a test VRT and I applied your gdal_translate command.
It work and the result is a tiff with a weight of about the sum of the two
test mosaiced tiffs.
But as you can see in this image

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90029615@N05/8184720800/

the two tiffs have a white orizzontal stripe that separate them.
This is because each tif to be mosaiced have a white frame and every frame
overlap to "data" areas of adiacent images.

If I eliminate the 255 value from original tiffs the result is like this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90029615@N05/8184744636/

I tried using -a_nodata 255 in gdal_translate command but the result is the
same white separation..

How can I set 255 values to nodata before mosaic each tiff?

Thank you very much for your help!
Pietro

2012/11/13 MORREALE Jean Roc [via OSGeo.org] <
ml-node+s1560n5016032h37 at n6.nabble.com>