[gdal-dev] GDAL v. 1.10 tutorial about geospatial PDF, OSM and vsicurl

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Nov 19 05:58:04 PST 2012

Hi,

I have been asking whole lot of questions about OSM and PDF drivers
but now I try to give something back. This tutorial gives a
demonstration about what can be achieved by using three new GDAL 1.10
features together: OSM driver, geospatial PDF driver and
vsicurl_streaming.

Document: http://latuviitta.org/documents/Geospatial_PDF_maps_from_OSM_with_GDAL.pdf
Sample map:
http://latuviitta.org/documents/Geospatial_OpenStreetMap_vector_and_raster_map.pdf

Most space in the document is used for giving code examples about
how to add OGR vectors into geospatial PDF with OGR Feature Styles
because that was not at all simple and obvious for me. I think that
the result is quite interesting and worth the pain. I will be
disappointed if I won't see a most beautiful GDAL generated
geospatial PDF map for Foss4G 2013 conference with searchable hotel,
tourist attraction, public transport, venue, evening party etc. layers.

-Jukka Rahkonen-