[gdal-dev] The GeoTransform Array

David Strip gdal at stripfamily.net
Tue Nov 20 18:17:32 PST 2012

The GDAL API tutorial describes this array as:

     adfGeoTransform[0]/* top left x */
     adfGeoTransform[1]/* w-e pixel resolution */
     adfGeoTransform[2]/* rotation, 0 if image is "north up" */
     adfGeoTransform[3]/* top left y */
     adfGeoTransform[4]/* rotation, 0 if image is "north up" */
     adfGeoTransform[5]/* n-s pixel resolution */

The GDAL Data model page says
     Xgeo = GT(0) + Xpixel*GT(1) + Yline*GT(2)
     Ygeo = GT(3) + Xpixel*GT(4) + Yline*GT(5)
where the GT[i]are the coeffs described above.

 From this I conclude that the rotations are not sin/cos of the rotation, but rather the sin/cos times the
appropriate pixel size. Is that right, or did I miss something?