[gdal-dev] OpenJPEG 2.0 released

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Nov 26 00:29:17 PST 2012

Selon Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>:

> On 11/20/2012 09:23 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just to inform you that the OpenJPEG project has just released OpenJPEG
> 2.0.0.
> >
> > GDAL users of GDAL 1.10dev that need support for JPEG2000 can (must) now
> rely
> > on a released version, and no longer on the openjpeg SVN v2 branch (which
> has
> > been removed by the way)
> >
> > Even
> >
> Hi Even,
>
> openjpeg-2.0 final has just been upgraded in openSUSE, causing
> gdal-1.9.2 build to break.

Yes this is expected. OpenJPEG 2.0 API has been changed during the merge of
their v2 feature branch into their trunk.

> Is there a patch available to apply or should I disable openjpeg until
> gdal-1.10 release?

I don't foresee doing a patch at this point of GDAL 1.9.X lifetime to bring
support of OpenJPEG 2.0. You could decide shiping the old v2 branch of openjpeg
in the state it was, but I doubt that you'll do this for a distribution since it
would be a bit confusing. So yes the best is probably to wait for GDAL 1.10.