[gdal-dev] CRS not defined with BMP

Clay, Bruce bclay at ball.com
Mon Nov 26 05:23:47 PST 2012

I am using GDAL to convert CADRG files to BMP chips for an application written to only use BMP.  I have created the BMP chip, BMP world file and a 4326 prj file to indicate WGS 84.  When I use gdalinfo to look at the settings it always indicates  CRS is not defined.  QGis also says the CRS is not defined.  Is there a proper way to define a CRS for rasters that rely on a world file?

Bruce