[gdal-dev] Absolutely no progress trying to compile GDAL with Oracle support on Windows

cheesybiscuits thomaschristian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:04:44 PST 2012

Jukka - Thanks for the suggestion. I have extracted the contents of
release-1600-gdal-mapserver.zip ("Compiled binaries in a single .zip
package" ) which seems to include the Oracle plugin (gdal_GEOR.dll and
ogr_OCI.dll).

However OCI is still not listed in gdalinfo --formats, and running my
original ogr2ogr command still fails due to not having the right driver.

Is anything special required to enable / load these plugins when using gdal
tools? I assume this is the case because I also don't see the FGDB format
listed which is also supposed to be included.

Thanks again