[gdal-dev] Absolutely no progress trying to compile GDAL with Oracle support on Windows

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 00:37:30 PST 2012

GDAL plugins should either be installed into a /gdalplugins subdirectory
from where the executable is running or set GDAL_DRIVER_PATH to point to
the directory containing these files. With regards to
gisinternals<http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/>both the oracle and the
filegdb plugins are provided, however you must copy
them to the desired locations manually. You should also download and
provide binaries of the proper version of the OCI (ie. instantclient) and
the FileGDB libraries being available in the PATH, which cannot be
distributed from gisinternals <http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/> due to
licensing restrictions.

Best regards,

Tamas