[gdal-dev] Space in PDF option OGR_DISPLAY_LAYER_NAMES

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Nov 28 01:01:01 PST 2012

Even Rouault wrote:

> Le mardi 27 novembre 2012 09:28:06, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> > Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> mines-paris.org> writes:
> > > There was indeed something wrong in the way the layer name was
> > > written for the model tree, which caused invalid PDF structure to be
> > > generated when there were spaces (and potentially non-alphanumeric
> > > characters) in the layer name. This should be fixed by r25257
> >
> > Seems to work mostly. However, Adobe Reader X version 10.1.4 shows an
> > error message when I open my test map. As translated it is roughly
> > "Font Times_Roman contains a faulty /Bbox tag"
> >
> > Perhaps because of this my bus stop layer which has both symbols and
> > labels does not show attributes in the model tree when the labels are
> visible.
> > When I turn the labels off the model tree show the attributes again.
>
> Ah it took me some time to realize that you meant that the error was new
> after the r25257 commit... ok, this is now fixed by r25261

I apologize and try to be more explicit in the future.
I repeated the test with r25261 and layer names with spaces are
OK and model tree works also for the labeled layers.   Model tree also shows
non-ASCII characters in layer names now which is nice.
I have tested almost all the options of the PDF driver, most important
exception being  EXTRA_STREAM which seems to be something that a
regular power user can't test.  Everything looks good to me now.

-Jukka-