[gdal-dev] Open Source GIS Raster Viewer

kishore Borra kishoreborra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 05:52:49 PDT 2012

Hi All,

we are implementing support of elevation processing of various raster
images in a standalone desktop Viewer using opensource.

we are using GDAL library to support performing various operations like
hillshade, slope, aspect map & color coded relief.

I would like to know your suggestions on what opensource control can be
used as a map control so that I can load various type of processed raster
images into it. I need to provide the user with the coordinates readout
information and standard zoom In, zoom out & zoom By area operations.

I should also be able to read the elevation info from the displayed raster
and display the same in the status bar.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Kishore.