[gdal-dev] [update] Re: Travis CI continuous integration service for GDAL

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Oct 14 02:54:18 PDT 2012

Hi Antonio,

> I suppose that at this point you already used

> git remote add <NAME> <URL>
> git fetch <NAME>

In the context I described, would be NAME = nas-fixes and URL =
https://github.com/jef-n/gdal ?
Well, I don't remember having used that. Apparently just "git pull
https://github.com/jef-n/gdal nas-fixes" did the trick.

> someone [1] at this point suggests to use
>
> git merge --no-ff nas-fixes
>
> in order to keep track of the existence of the merged branch.
> It is particularly useful if you use git-rebase before merging.
>
> [1] http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

I'm not sure if -no-ff or -ff makes a difference in the context of a git svn
repository. Once you dcommit to SVN, anything related to GIT branches will be
lost, and the merge commit itself would certainly not be SVN dcommit'ed (I
think).

Best regards,

Even