[gdal-dev] 2 geometries share function

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Oct 17 02:52:24 PDT 2012

Nikhil Sai Parupalli <nikhil.parupalli <at> iictechnologies.com> writes:

> Hey Loskot
> This code deals with lot of sql stmts. but here in our development
we never worked with databases.
> We are using gdal libraries , is there any function in gdal or
any other libraries that serves the purpose

Hi,

That document is excellent reading and it should have shown that touches is not
the function that you thought you need. It is PostGIS document but don't care
about that, the knowledge is universal. Instead, be curious and start reading
from the previous level

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-2.0/PostGIS_Special_Functions_Index.html

PostGIS is using GEOS and GDAL can be compiled with GEOS, thus the functions can
be used in both, even perhaps not exactly the same set.

-Jukka Rahkonen-