[gdal-dev] Using gdal_rasterize to mask ENVI file Using ESRI SHP format Vector

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 17 16:21:09 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Peter Willis <pwillis at aslenv.com> wrote:

> Hello,****
>
> ** **
>
> On second thoughts, this is not really what I want.****
>
> ** **
>
> I have a SHP format polygon vector file  already.****
>
> I want to use that existing vector file to mask the ENVI format BSQ file
> through all (49) channels.****
>
> (ie:  ‘mask’ meaning set any values inside vector polygons to a specific
> value within the output ENVI BSQ file )****
>
> ** **
>
> Perhaps I’m missing something…

Peter,

I think gdal_rasterize can do this, but I imagine as it is
setup now I think you will have to explicitly list every
band to write to.  For instance I was able to do the following
for a 3 band TIFF file:

gdal_rasterize -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -burn 128 alaska_box.shp work.tif

This burned the value 128 into bands 1, 2 and 3 in work.tif.

warmerdam at pobox.com