[gdal-dev] problem with compiling grass with gdal

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:07:34 PDT 2012

Hi all,

after the last update of GDAL's SVN trunk I cannot compile GRASS with
GDAL support. Configuration script fails with

configure:6074: gcc -o conftest -g -Wall
-Werror-implicit-function-declaration -fno-common -Wextra -Wunused
-I/usr/local/include   -Wl,--export-dynamic conftest.c
-L/usr/local/lib -lgdal 1>&5
configure: In function 'main':
configure:6070:9: warning: ignoring return value of 'GDALOpen',
declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
/usr/local/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`std::istream::operator>>(double&)'
/usr/local/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`std::allocator<char>::allocator()'
/usr/local/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`std::string::find_last_not_of(char, unsigned long) const'

It was working some weeks ago. I have tested also compilation against
GDAL 1.9.2. It's OK.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks, Martin