[gdal-dev] problem with compiling grass with gdal

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Oct 23 11:15:24 PDT 2012

Le mardi 23 octobre 2012 20:07:34, Martin Landa a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> after the last update of GDAL's SVN trunk I cannot compile GRASS with
> GDAL support. Configuration script fails with
>
> configure:6074: gcc -o conftest -g -Wall
> -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -fno-common -Wextra -Wunused
> -I/usr/local/include   -Wl,--export-dynamic conftest.c
> -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal 1>&5
> configure: In function 'main':
> configure:6070:9: warning: ignoring return value of 'GDALOpen',
> declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
> /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
> `std::istream::operator>>(double&)'
> /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
> `std::allocator<char>::allocator()'
> /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
> `std::string::find_last_not_of(char, unsigned long) const'
>
> It was working some weeks ago. I have tested also compilation against
> GDAL 1.9.2. It's OK.
>
> Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Hum, still seems an issue with a missing -lstdc++. People have recently
reported similar issues in other contexts (mingw compiling, etc...), and each
time it apparently worked in 1.9.x, but not in trunk. I'm not sure what might
have changed in configure that made libstdc++ to be included before, and no
longer. I have just diff'ed configure.in in trunk against 1.9 branch, and
nothing related strikes...

Could you diff the output of the generated GDALmake.opt in trunk and 1.9 ? And
also the same for config.log ?