[gdal-dev] reading non baseline tiffs with python image

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 24 11:20:46 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Travis Kirstine
<traviskirstine at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've been using the python image module to resize geotiff images. I've
> noticed that if the source tif image is not created using the gdal
> PROFILE=BASELINE option the python resize function will return
> unexpected results.  The output will have a black boarder around a
> portion of the image.  Any thoughts?

Travis,

Do you mean PIL?  I can't think of any reason this would
happen.  BASELINE normally just means that  GeoTIFF tags
and the custom GDAL_METADATA tag are avoided.   I don't
see why those would make a difference such as you describe
to any other software.

warmerdam at pobox.com