[gdal-dev] Is it possible to ehance input channels separately with gdal_translate ?

Peter Willis pwillis at aslenv.com
Fri Oct 26 09:07:33 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have some input data where the dynamic range and offset of each channel
are distinct.

This means that applying the same linear enhancement based on data range to
my selected RGB output
bands will not produce an optimal visual enhancement.

-scale smin smax dmin dmax

only provides the same linear enhancement for all selected input channels
(bands).

Also the default causes gdal_translate to calculate the enhancement from the
data which
is also the wrong thing to do owing to the relative changeability of albedo
from one scene to another
due to the possible presence or absence of cloud, snow, or sand, vs. water
or coal piles  (light vs. dark) etc..
and also the relative difference in dynamic range between channels.

QUESTION:

Is there a way to enhance  my input channels separately in a single
gdal_translate call, or do I need
to make multiple passes?

Thanks

Peter