[gdal-dev] gdal error

Neelima Emmani neelima.emmani at iictechnologies.com
Fri Sep 7 04:07:29 PDT 2012

Hi
when I try to invoke Gdal.AllRegister I get the below error:
The type initializer for OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE threw an exception.
When i checked for a online solution, they said that it is looking for gdal_wrap.dll.
Yes, my project does not contain any gdal_wrap.dll.

First thing is that, when i try to create a interface with
nmake /f makefile.vc interface.
Things are fine.There was no error. Here I also have a question, How do i check if this step of inerface is successful.
And then i went with next step
C:\GDAL\swig\csharp> nmake /f makefile.vc
At this step, i am getting errors in gdal_wrap.cpp.It says at line 448 , it is unable to convert 'cplxmlnode *' to '_cplxmlnode *'. Can any one  me in solving this.

Secondly, in the mean time I tried to generate dlls from C#. And was successful in making gdal, osr & ogr dlls for csharp. And then tried to run an application given by gdal i.e., gdalread.cs. It gave me error as said in the start of this mail message.
If i am not clear, please let me know.
Awaiting reply.
With Regards,
Neelima Emmani