[gdal-dev] gdalwarp and Natural Earth

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 12:01:10 PDT 2012

Hello all,

A new "Natural Earth" projection was added recently to the PROJ.4 library.
http://www.shadedrelief.com/NE_proj/

I'm trying to figure out if and how it is possible to transform a
raster file (GeoTIFF) using this projection.

I've tried the following unsuccessfully:
gdalwarp -t_srs '+proj=natearth' -s_srs EPSG:4326 map_4326.tif map_natearth.tif
ERROR 1: Translating source or target SRS failed:
+proj=natearth

Does GDAL have support for this projection? Does it rely on PROJ for
that purpose? Should I have something to be configured specifically
while compiling it?

Thanks for your help.
Pierre