[gdal-dev] Reading an IntegerList from file

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Sep 20 02:06:03 PDT 2012

> Is it possible to keep the full string and not the truncated one ? Maybe
> a parameter to set ?

No, there's no existing parameter to avoid the truncation. What you could do is
just create a string with that format (or one you prefer)

> For now I have tested a few  drivers :
> - KML : useless with the default driver (unable to read the extended
> data). Solution : use the libkml (from google)
> - Shapefile : unable to write IntegerList
> - GML : as you said the driver doesn't support IntegerList in write mode
> - SQLite : works fine, the only drawback is that this driver is a lot
> slower than the others
>
>  From now I will use the SQLite driver as the performance in write mode
> is not an issue for me.

You could use shapefiles by using a String field instead of IntegerList. SQLite
has no native support for list types either, so it will transform it into a
string too.

SQLite write performances can be improved dramatically by following the
recommandations in the "Performance hints" paragraph of
http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_sqlite.html . In particular, in my experience, on some
Linux kernels and EXT4 filesystem, defining the configuration option/env.
variable OGR_SQLITE_SYNCHRONOUS to OFF, leads to huge performance boosts.