[gdal-dev] geometry overlap

Neelima Emmani neelima.emmani at iictechnologies.com
Mon Sep 24 22:28:03 PDT 2012

Hi All,
I am trying to check, if there is an overlap between two area featuretypes.Ex: LNDARE and OBSTRN. Actually in my dataset I have an overlap but my code pasted below is returning false value for overlap. Can anyone help me out. Here we are trying to code with C#.

 while  ((featLNDARE = layerLNDARE.GetNextFeature()) != null)
           {
               geomLNDARE = featLNDARE.GetGeometryRef();
 while ((featOBSTRN = layerOBSTRN.GetNextFeature()) != null)
               {
 geomOBSTRN = featOBSTRN.GetGeometryRef();

bool checkforoverlap=sub_geomLNDARE.Overlaps(sub_geomOBSTRN);
}
}

With Regards,
Neelima Emmani