[gdal-dev] Setting CS for FileGDB layers

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Sep 30 03:57:22 PDT 2012

Le dimanche 30 septembre 2012 09:52:56, Jeremy Palmer a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> When creating an Esri FileGDB layer the spatial reference system has to be
> defined using the "Esri" WKT definition. Otherwise you get an "General
> function failure" error.

See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4838 for a fix. We can in fact use some
API from Util.h to query the ESRI SRS DB and find the expected ESRI WKT
definition from a EPSG code, or, if the EPSG code is unknown, to iterate over
the ESRI DB SRS until we find a match by comparing the SRS with
OSRSpatialRefrence::IsSame()